The Texarkana Chamber would like thank the following sponsors:
Texarkana Chamber of Commerce

Economic Development

Industrial Base

Texarkans's industrial base is broadly diversified. The Red River Army Depot provides the Army’s only facility for rubber products associated with track vehicles. This defense complex is capable of rebuilding/recapitalizing over 30 HMMV’s each day. The region’s timber industry supports two paper mills. Cooper Tire and Rubber and Alcoa join the list of productive, skilled manufacturers. Approximately 80 percent of new jobs have come from expansions of existing industry; the remaining 20 percent have come from new plants.

The diversity of products from manufacturing in the metropolitan Texarkana area verifies the availability of a trainable work force. Local companies and the products they produce include:

Company Name Product
Applied Control Technology control panels, electrical & instrumental systems
American Dehydrated Foods pet food ingredients
AmeriCold Logistics freezer/warehouse distribution
ASI Industrial wastewater treatment facility and hydrocarbon recovery
Carpco, Inc. steel fabrication & supply
Caraustar Industrial Consumer Products Group paper tubes and cores
Caraustar Lonestar Paper Sales paper recycling service
Coleman Cable telecommunications cable
Commercial Manufacturing contract metal finishing
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. replacement automobile & truck tires
Davis Roof Truss Manuf. Co. roof trusses
Day & Zimmerman, Inc. military ammunition
Detroit Forms, Inc. disposable plastic packaging for food products
Domtar, Inc. finished paper products
Fay-J Packaging multi-wall paper bags
FCM Products, Inc. metal fabrication
First Tape and Label label printing
Flowers Baking Co. hamburger buns for fast food industry and bakery products
Goins Plastic Source plastic trays for the poultry industry
Humco Holding Group, Inc. over-the-counter pharmaceuticals
International Paper Co. bleached paper board and hardwood pulp products
JCM Industries fabricated pipe fittings and couplings
Ledwell & Son, Inc. truck bodies & equipment
Lear Siegler Service, Inc. rebuilds military vehicles
M & M Milling glue extender
Martin Resources liquid sulfur and defoaming agents
Mayo Manufacturing Co. upholstered furniture
N.L. Baroid Petroleum Services oil & gas drilling fluids
Paper Chemicals, Inc. defoamer for paper industry
Parks Metal Fabricators custom machinery and fabricating
Precision Metal Industries industrial hard chrome plating and machine welding
Precision Roll Grinders service industry for large mills using rolling equipment
Red River Army Depot vehicle repair & supply mission
Rimcor chemical resistant construction, masonry, fiber glass
River Valley Animal Foods ingredients for pet foods
Smith-Blair, Inc. pipe fittings and water meters
The Sterno Group canned heat and distribution
Texana Tank Car Manuf., Inc. railroad tank car repair & manufacturing
Tri-State Iron & Metal Company recycling paper, raw materials, plastic, glass, and scrap metals
W. W. Metal Products custom machinery & fabrication
Ward-Davis, Inc. pallets